Friday, June 14, 2013

Summer Outings

Today was a perfect day for summer. Jessie and I started the day at the pool and laying in the sun. We went for lunch and then of course, had to venture over to Once Upon a Child. She found a few outfits, and I bought a couple of books. Jessie suggested the book "On the Night You Were Born", super sweet book. I've read it to Baby Oliver once, and yes, it does feel weird to read aloud. Also, there was a cute swing/bouncy chair combo for a good price, but I couldn't take the plunge and buy it. I called Andrew for his opinion, he said it was up to me.

Then tonight, Andrew and I tried Quaker Steak and Lube, it was an interesting place...kind of like a mix of Red Robin and Planet Hollywood--with the decorations and the menu, that's where I came up with the combo. After dinner tonight, we went back to look at the swing/chair combo, they had 3 (all the same) and the one that was nicest was gone...oh well, lesson learned..don't leave things there, haha. But it's ok, they get new stuff in all the time, so I'll just know for next time. But I wasn't 100% sure about it, so it's ok with me that we didn't get it. However, after going back, I found a new in package fleece swaddle blanket, it's blue, but either way, the baby can wear it, and so I got it.


Also tonight I think one official clothing option is now out of my choices. The jean skirt I wore to dinner was a little tight and somewhat uncomfortable after dinner...looks like the first piece of the wardrobe falls prey to Baby Oliver's little home...one down and many to go. Still seems that I am able to wear everything else so far, which is exciting and great! But I will be excited once it actually looks like I have a baby bump truly! Excited for currently normal fitting clothes and anxious for the baby bump to be! 

No comments:

Post a Comment