Monday, June 10, 2013

Baby Brain Begins

And so it has started...all things baby entering and consuming my brain. We decided yesterday to go begin our registry. Our plan was to get the big items or things we knew we'd need, regardless of gender. We got things like the stroller, pack n' play, etc in gender neutral colors because the hope is to one day have baby number 2, and we hope we'll be able to reuse some of the same stuff. Plus I don't think I'm big on everything being pink just because it's a girl or everything being sports or blue just because it's a boy, so we created our registry and got started. Man, it's a lot of work, but I knew that going into it. We had a list from Jamie that we used as a beginner's guide of suggestions and must haves and good to haves. Luckily Babies R Us, Buy Buy Baby, and Target provide you with their own lists too when registering. We registered at all 3 places and found lots of what we need and already registered for lots of our list. We had a few things that we registered duplicates of, like baby furniture and monitor, we are trying to decide what we want most. We also registered for a few things at Target and Babies R Us that are the same, but at Target the items are cheaper (by $1 at most), but most of the items are not able to be purchased online....so we left them in both places and figure wherever they come from is fine, we'll let others decide. We just know it'll be hard for some people to get things at a store and it'd be more convenient online.

My favorite part--all the free fun goodies. Target, by far, had the best goodie bag/welcome pack. In that bag I got lots of samples and a free 4oz Tommee Tippee bottle, I don't know that we're going with those, but it's nice to have the option and try them. Also, they gave a $20 credit for shutterfly, which will come in handy when we have to print and purchase lots of baby pics near Christmas.

Babies R Us and BuyBuyBaby had some samples and magazines, too. I've got a box with all of our free samples to try (who knew one could be so excited over samples of things like buttpaste and nursing pads? weird.) Plus tons of good coupons and an offer for a free 4oz Avent bottle, I certainly claimed that promotion!

Also, we went by Good Will after our outings and ended up finding some good deals
1. milk storage bags-$2
2. 2 green baskets (possibly use in nursery or classroom)-$1 total
3. Munchkin Wipe Warmer-$3
4. wicker basket (using for toys now)-$1.50
5. 5 Avent bottles (need lids and nipples)-$3

We may not use Avent bottles, but I came home boiled them and cleaned up the wipe warmer-good as knew. It was like someone got rid of all their baby stuff-lucky finds. We hadn't planned on a wipe warmer but $3 and works-umm YES!!!

Now don't get me wrong, I know mommy-hood and having a baby is not all about the stuff, but man is this exciting and fun!!

Last thing I need to do is cross check my lists/suggestions and make a final list of what's left to register for. We will make some final decisions like beddings, swaddles, blankets, bibs, pacis, etc when we know the gender.

After all the registering overwhelming fun (but I kept it together), I researched and read reviews on things we decided on, changed some things, added some things, etc. I know there will be lots that is just extra on our registry, but it sure would be fun to get it all (however, our baby might have too many taggies and toys -if that's the case-lol)

Here are some pictures of our adventures and the fun samples, etc!
I told Andrew I was a real mommy boiling bottles and what not ...haha

better make room

fun goodie bags

samples in our green baskets


wipe warmer

toys in the new basket




No comments:

Post a Comment