Tuesday, January 7, 2014

It's a Balancing Act

As mentioned a couple of entries ago...I thought I would be able to get all the cleaning, cooking, etc done ...and as I said, I am getting them done, but on Lucas's time, not my own.

So I thought the other day, I need to figure out a balancing act for getting it all done. Of course, cooking has to be a daily thing, but for cleaning, I decided I wanted to come up with a schedule for myself to use weekly.

When we moved into the house, I realized it was a LOT more to clean vs our apartment, but I never made myself stick to a schedule to do it in chunks. I liked just cleaning whenever I got in the zone for it....but Lucas is going to change things for me....

So here's my plan...

Monday:  clean the bathrooms
Tuesday:  vacuum
Wednesday: clean the kitchen
Thursday:  catch up (I know I'll need a catch up day)
Friday: dust

Now of course this isn't my whole list of chores to keep the house clean, just generic to-do's, plus we'll keep doing things on a daily and monthly basis. I'm leaving weekends open to hopefully not need to do these things on the weekend OR to catch up :)

Daily To-Do's  (as needed)

  • take out trash 
  • pick up after us/Lucas/dogs
  • wash clothes
  • wash dishes/put dishes away
  • empty dishwasher


Bi-Weekly/Monthly To-Do's 

  • mop
  • deep clean bathrooms
This week was my plan to start, but on Monday time got away from me...so I thought I would do it today, then today was to vacuum, which I didn't think would happen...

Well Tanner decided to dig in the mud outside in the backyard (don't know why/where there is mud), but he came in completely covered in mud/dirt, so after he came and traipsed it all over the carpet, I HAD to vacuum (and give the dachshund a bath LOL)...so needless to say, I got the bathrooms cleaned and vacuumed and started a load of clothes today.....so God must have wanted me to catch up --that's going to be my reason why Tanner got so dirty--causing me to clean/vacuum :) I don't know how long this will last or how often I'll be able to stay on top of this, especially once I return to work, but it's my plan and worth a shot! 

No comments:

Post a Comment