Sunday, January 5, 2014

Being a Mom: Part 2

Yesterday I decided to write a blog entry on being a mom and what I've experienced and felt over the past month and a few days...crazy to think that our little man is now 45 days old...wow!! I had quite a few fellow mom friends tell me everything was normal for my feelings and they had been there, too. Having Andrew sick over the weekend probably didn't help how I was feeling because he was staying in the bed, and I felt like I was alone, which enhanced all of my feelings of confusion, sadness, loneliness, etc. Luckily, and thankfully, he's feeling much better.

Today I had a few moments where I felt these same feelings, but tonight I had a moment looking at my son sitting peacefully in his swing and sleeping without a care in the world.....he is happy, he is clean, he is warm, and his belly is full...I AM DOING ALRIGHT at this Mom thing:) I wouldn't have come to this conclusion without the encouragement of those fellow Mom friends, what a nice circle of support I have --thank you to each of you near and far!

I am planning for Andrew and I to go out on Tuesday night for his birthday...it's going to be super cold and we would like a dinner out for us...it would be a first since Lucas was born. I feel guilty for leaving him at any time, although it's only been once or twice for a small amount of time, like the store, but it's true we need time out of the house and time together for us! I know that time together will make us better parents for Lucas, but at times, I still feel bad for missing out on time with him :)

I know this feeling will not last everyday, but it's nice to feel like hey, I'm doing something right for him...let's hope he doesn't throw me a curve ball tonight :) I'm just letting him lead the way today/tonight!

Love this little guy and I am so thankful God chose us to be his parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment