Thursday, January 2, 2014

2013 comes to an end as we welcome 2014

Looking back on 2013 ...one way I refreshed my mind was looking back at my blog...nice little time to reflect...what a great year it's been

2013 Events
  • celebrated Andrew's 26th birthday
  • continued running and ran another 5K with GOTR in April (at 10 weeks pregnant)
  • our friends Jamie and Jordan welcomed Tucker, their little boy, into the world on Feb. 17th
  • started a small group with some people from our Church in February and have become so close to our group 
  • we found out we were expecting our first baby in late March 
  • ran a 5K with GOTR at 10 weeks pregnant
  • we celebrated 1 year in our house 
  • we participated in our 2nd Relay for Life with BCE
  • we celebrated 3 years of marriage on June 12, 2013
  • we found out in June that we were expecting a baby boy & had a wonderful gender reveal party thrown by great friends in July
  • we celebrated 10 years of being together on July 27, 2013 
  • along with Andrew's brother Daniel getting married that day
  • Andrew started a new job
  • our friends Jessie and Daron welcomed Silas, their little boy, into the world on Aug. 2nd
  • we prepped all year for our baby boy--setting up the nursery, buying things he needed, taking childbirth, etc classes
  • I started my 4th year teaching....but this year in 3rd grade
  • we celebrated my 27th birthday
  • had a 3D ultrasound to see our little man in September 
  • had wonderful baby showers for our little boy
  • went on plenty of date nights before Lucas arrived
  • Aunt Lisa got married & Andrew's cousin Kristin got married
  • welcomed our beautiful baby boy Lucas into our lives on Thursday, November 21, 2013 at 1:48pm 
  • celebrated Lucas's first Thanksgiving with my parents at our house
  • celebrated Lucas's first Christmas, by traveling to all of the grandparents and parents' houses 
  • celebrated Lucas's first New Year with our great friends from Church
  • sadly some things in 2013 were not all the happiest from first glance....
    • we lost my Uncle Ervie on March 31, 2013, Easter, after a 9 month battle with bladder cancer
    • we lost my great Uncle Bubba on November 11, 2013 
    • my grandma had a stroke in late August, luckily she recovered and is doing well


There are plenty of other big events that happened in our lives, but those are the ones I can recall...for now 
Looking back on last year I couldn't see all that God had planned for us, but He knew and He knows...I trust His plans and I am so excited for what He has planned for us in 2014

Looking to 2014

Here are things I would like to focus on and have as goals this year
  • grow closer in my walk with Christ...listen to His plans for me and my family
  • read the Bible everyday with Andrew 
  • complete my devotional everyday 
  • be a great wife and mother to Andrew and Lucas (learn how to balance wife, mommy, teacher, homemaker, and more)
  • get back into running and run at least 3 5K's this year, possibly a 10K in October


No comments:

Post a Comment