Friday, November 1, 2013

His Love

Watching an episode of  "Boy Meets World" and Eric is talking to God one night around Christmas because he is playing Santa and is sent a little boy who is an orphan and the little boy asks for one thing--parents. It made me think because Eric said, "God why did you send me this little boy? and why do I only come to you when I need something?" I'm sure we are all guilty of this; I know I am.

Then I thought, it's like us being parents, (I am almost there) even though our children do not always thank us or even think of all we do, we still love them unconditionally and give them everything we can and we are there for them even when they only come to us when needed...it's just like God's love for us. We are his children and it doesn't matter how many times we say thank you or forget to say thank you, He will always be there. How are we so lucky? It's probably pregnancy hormones, but it just hit me like a flood! I know I will have a new understanding for this when Lucas arrives, but it makes me think of how much my parents love me and how lucky and blessed I am !!

I hope I never forget this love that God has for me, that my parents have for me, and that I have for my baby to come this month!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment