Wednesday, November 20, 2013

24 Hours

We are working on 24 hours of consistent timed contractions...last night was a whirlwind getting ready for bed, because I woke up every time I had a contraction, as one would expect, so about every 40 minutes I was awake/moving/up then back to sleep. I felt bad the times I did wake Andrew, but luckily he was able to sleep and rest, but so was I in between. He's truly the best right now, asking what can he do and just being there to try anything.

The contractions continued all night and by 4 am were really close together, working on 9 min apart, so we got up at 5am, I let people at school know I wouldn't make it in today because I just knew he was on his way!! But with getting up, moving around, eating, and drinking water (all things they tell you to do), the contractions of course changed and slowed down...not any less intense, just not as often.

Throughout the day, they've averaged anywhere from 9 min apart to 37 min apart....and I did call my doctor to let her know, but of course, I did know the response and I did know what to look for and I do know when I NEED to call....contractions at 5 min apart for an hr or my water breaks...neither of which has happened. As I mentioned, the contractions have fluctuated throughout the day. Luckily, I've been able to rest and sleep off and on, but still not knowing what type of progress we're making/looking at right now.

There are still 6+hours in the day, who knows, maybe Lucas will come quickly after one of those 2 things happens and maybe it'll be tonight...I surely hope so because around 9:30 pm will be the mark of 24 hours of these bad boys...and while I am handling it and pushing through, I'm of course getting more and more anxious.

At 5am when we decided to get up, we packed our last minute things and have been ready to go all day....which probably means he's going to decide tonight when everyone is sleeping that he's ready ;) anything for you baby boy, we're just excited to meet you and you have LOTS of anxious grandparents, aunts, uncles, friends, etc who want to know when you're on the way and when you're making your debut....I keep updating those who are asking, but sadly I have NO REAL answers, you all know about as much as I do at this point :) But we are trusting God's plans and just making it through one contraction at a time.....
Waiting on your precious appearance

No comments:

Post a Comment