Monday, February 24, 2014

3 Months

Our little boy is 3 months old as of February 21, 2013. I can't quite believe it. Where did the time go? Where did my 5lb 15oz newborn go? What did I do over my 10 weeks of maternity leave? Why does time seem to move so much faster with a baby? Oh, no one can understand how my heart aches thinking of these things except those who have asked all of these same questions and more. I love my little boy so much. He truly makes us so happy everyday. He's coming into his own at 3months. He loves to laugh and talk to you. He has a new little random squeal that's adorable. He enjoys batting/hitting things above him. He likes trying to sit in his jumper and move about. He loves to push up and stand on his legs when you hold him. He loves sitting up and looking around. He has gotten into a good routine, he's even gotten good at going to bed. I thought it was never going to get easier, even if asleep when laid down, he would wake up and cry/whine ...we thought this would last for a few days, maybe a week or so...but it seemed/did last for WEEKS. I would say to Andrew when is he going to just go down? I mean I'm not going to get him the moment he wakes up and cries. I asked for it, I wanted him to go down and stay asleep...not only has he started doing that in the last week, but he's even gone to bed being awake (drowsy but awake) and fallen asleep with minimal or no crying/whining...I asked for it and my big boy is doing it. Yes, it's taken him weeks, but he's come into his own and he's even sleeping longer (the past few nights) for 8 and 9 hours at a time!! How exciting, but another sign that he is growing up...Yes, it's what I want, yes, it's a good thing, yes, it's supposed to happen, and yes, I am proud, but again it's all just signs he's growing up and to me it's all passing by too fast. The past 3 months I have been tested in ways I never knew possible, I've had things happen I never knew existed, I've experienced such a range of emotions that I am unable to explain, but every single moment has taught me something, and I would NOT trade a single minute of it. I love that little boy more than he will ever know or understand. Sorry ladies my boy is going to be a mama's boy, no, not a sissy, but he's going to love his mama, because his mama is so in love with him!


Notice the sticker is NOT oh him...he moves too much to allow it to stay on his shirt..much less see it in the picture!

constantly moving



loves tummy time and chewing on his hands/anything :)


No comments:

Post a Comment