Sunday, July 14, 2013

Lucas's Nursery

It's a BOY!!
Super excited for this book!!

Lucas Benjamin Oliver will be joining our family sometime late November. He is due November 23, 2013!!

I am so glad to have the secret out, it's been a hard one to keep!!

Here's a look at Lucas's nursery with color photos this time. It's still a work in progress, but here's a good start.

We started with painting. Originally I wanted to keep it the neutral tan color we painted the room when we moved into the house, but the more I looked at nursery stuff for girls and boys, I wanted to paint. I decided on a light blue regardless of the gender because the girl stuff had a light blue background, too.

So we painted on Sunday, touched up and finished painting on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, as our schedule allowed.

My mom wanted to get us the crib we picked out and it just so happened it was on sale this week, so she went ahead and purchased it so we could have it for the gender reveal party!! eeekk!! How exciting!! Then we were looking online and found the glider/ottoman on craigslist for half the price of it in the store, and it looked brand new! So we snagged that deal, because it was exactly the one we picked out!

So literally in a few days, it came together. I was expecting to have the room painted, but nothing more. Here is a look at some of the crafts I worked on and monogrammed for our baby boy.


Daddy starting on the crib

almost there


watching us and making sure did everything right for their baby brother

some relaxing after crib assembly





found this at a kiosk at the Tanger Myrtle Beach outlets, I wanted to get one monogrammed, and saw they had a dirt bike one, if you know me, my husband, or my dad, you know it's destiny for our child (girl or boy) to be involved in bikes...what was so cool about this purchase? It was one of the samples/examples with our baby boy's name already on it!!! And it was the LAST one they had!!! so I snagged it!

cutie


His name ready to be hung up, after painting

I painted this wooden basket, painted the letters, and put it all together


we moved the crib near the wall and look who crawled out 

ta-da!!










my view from the glider



YIPPEE

found this tub -basically brand new- for $5-snagged it

Raising him right!!

stocking up

found this for $9-came with 2 covers-basically brand new!! Cleaned and ready




 


No comments:

Post a Comment