Monday, October 29, 2012

Marcus Lattimore Day #21-10/29/2012

I have been a USC fan as long as I can remember, since I went to my first game with my dad and stepmom as a kid. I dreamed of going to USC and then did. I also attended USC for Grad School. I cannot explain the joy I feel during football and baseball season, but especially football!! I just love it. Every opportunity I get to attend a game, I do it!! This past Saturday, I was on the way to a friend's wedding when the infamous injury of #21 took place. Since Marcus Lattimore came to play at USC, I was a fan. From everything he is, everything he says, and all he stands for, I admire him. He was coming back this season physically stronger than ever after tearing his ACL last season, but unfortunately was hurt again in the last game against Tennessee. The out pouring of love, faith, support, and prayers from the Gamecock nation and football fans all across the country is just mind-blowing. He is not just a football player, he is a man of God, a role model, and someone I hope others look up to. Talking to those who know him, they say, he's everything you've heard-kind, generous, steadfast in his faith, thanks God for all he has, and gives God all of the glory. He was just named team captain, and I know that the Gamecocks could not have asked for a better leader. His faith, strength, and positive outlook is so refreshing, and I cannot wait to see what God has in store for Lattimore in the future. Happy 21st Birthday and Happy Marcus Lattimore Day!!


No comments:

Post a Comment