Sunday, October 25, 2015

A Prayer, Please

You'd never know it...you'd never know Lucas was still in pain, still scratching, and not being allowed to eat some of his favorite foods, he is so sweet, so happy, and so easy going. We are truly blessed with the most low key and happy sweet boy, and I couldn't feel more blessed with our support system. But I feel like we are in need of prayers. The next couple of weeks we have so much going on for the lil man. This week he is going to the allergist to have his allergy test read and hopefully with guidance on how to best treat these 'mild allergies' as his dermatologist called them. We had a test done through our dermatologist since we had more accessibility tothem, and the results were mild allergies to peanuts, milk, soy bean, egg whites, and pet dander. We have made some changes and are trying to be smart about what he eats, but at the same time, the pediatrician doesn't necessarily believe the allergies are related to the eczema, which we thought.

He is also going to the dermatologist this week, as a follow up on his eczema. Until recently, we thought it was under control as well. However, in the last few weeks, it has gotten progressively worse. It is so hard to watch him scratch uncontrollably. We haven't changed anything as far as his eczema treatment, except no oral meds and rarely using topical meds and steroids, unless in dire need. It is quite terrible to watch your baby being in so much pain, and yet he is a delight 99% of the time.

I know people (and doctors) will and have told me that eczema is tricky because there are no direct answers and that it can come and go, but to be in month 5 of what feels like an endless battle, that does not comfort or help me in anyway. Sorry if those were your guiding and comforting words. I know there are many worse situations that could be trumping us and that everything else is just perfect and magical for us, but my heart is still broken for my baby boy. To watch him scratch to the point that he bleeds and puts himself into more pain, and damages his skin even more, just breaks my heart. When we apply medicine although he will struggle and fuss, he will say "Thank You" after in his sweet little voice, and that breaks my heart even more.

I want answers and not only answers, but solutions, that will last and give him relief, and not temporary, steroid induced relief, but true, lasting, real relief. My real true prayer is that one day soon this is gone for our sweet boy. I pray he grows out of it all.

So my plea for prayers is for answers, solutions, relief, and healing.

God is in control.

In addition, this sweet boy has also been healing with his cast on, and it hasn't slowed him down. But, every time I change his clothes or unbag his arm from a bath, he'll ask "What happened?" And I have to tell him, "You broke your arm, remember?" It's quite cute and sad at the same time. Luckily, even though it's another appt, # ????? this year, we go to the orthopedist next week to get the cast off and get an x-ray. Prayers please that his arm has healed and he will not need any further treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment