Sunday, June 15, 2014

Father's Day 2014: Andrew's 1st Father's Day

Last year Andrew and I celebrated Father's Day weekend with our fathers, but he had to go out of town on Father's Day. Normally, not a big deal but last year was different because it was the first of him being considered a father as we had recently found out we were expecting our first baby. However, this year, it's truly his 1st Father's day because Lucas is here to celebrate with him :) 

 We have had to learn how to TRULY put someone else's needs before our own. Yes, of course, being married that was always our goal, but if we fell short every once in a while and put 'me' first, the other person was always ok. But the day Lucas came into the picture, everything changed for the both of us. I am extremely lucky to have Andrew as our child's father. He is so giving and loving. He has so much pride in Lucas. Lucas simply adores his daddy; he just stares at him and loves to play with Andrew. Lucas lights up when his daddy comes home, and he is just infatuated with him. I love their adoration for each other, and I love their relationship. Andrew is constantly trying to make himself better for Lucas, and I am so proud to call him the father to our son. 
Lucas and I LOVE you more than you'll ever know!! 
Happy First Father's Day Andrew! 

Here's a look at some of the many influential fathers we have to thank in our lives


We are so blessed to have these men in our lives, in addition to our grandfathers. I know my dad is one of the most influential people in my life. He's always supported me, believed in me, and wanted the best for me. He is truly the definition of a selfless father, who puts his child first, always.  I am also blessed to have my stepdad, who has been in my life so long, that he has been a huge influence over me as well. And my father in law, is a great man and helped make my husband Andrew into the man and father he is today. 

We are so blessed to have these men in our lives. It is true that having their influence and leadership makes a difference in life. Nothing can take the place of a father and his love. 







No comments:

Post a Comment