Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Photography


I have come to the conclusion that with as much as I like taking pictures, being in pictures, having pictures, etc that I need to make full use of this new camera from Andrew. I would love to actually start taking pictures on the side, to learn and to make some extra money.

My plan of attack is to find a photography class and to study up on my camera, try new things, and hopefully learn how to truly manipulate it and use it properly. It's going to take some time, but I am truly excited about this endeavor. I don't have many hobbies, so I believe this would be a great one to pursue.

Any tips or suggestions from fellow self-taught or educated photographers??

I think I am going to start by practicing taking pictures of food, Andrew said that's a good subject to start with. Also, I have a sweet friend who is expecting her first child next month (eek!! Can't believe we can say that...but Tucker will be here next month, in February!) and she is going to let me practice  and a take a few maternity shots of her in Tucker's room.

I cannot wait to get started on this journey, not going to lie, it makes me want to go cook something, so I can take some photos!!

Update: While I can tell that this journey will be fun, it's also going to be frustrating. I am already trying new things on my camera, and if you know me, you know I want it to work instantly, but it's not.

6 comments:

  1. Funny you should mention food, I'm wanting to embark on my life long goal of being a food commentator... So why don't you just bring some of those meals you're prepping and picturing and I'll work on my side of the equation. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet idea!!! I'm sure you're being a little sarcastic, but it's a little exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure your sister could teach me quite a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Alex! One of my favorite bloggers did this series last year on basics in photography... http://deliacreates.blogspot.com/2012/04/mamarazzi.html

    We got a Nikon D3100 right before Oliver was born and this definitely helped me to be able to do something besides the auto setting! :) Hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks!!! We are doing well, hope you and your little family are, too!! I will check this out, I've been finding tutorials online, but it's still over my head!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I just started reading and OH my I love how simple she's explaining things...I hope this really helps:)

    ReplyDelete