Tuesday, January 1, 2013

NYE 2012

This year we were lucky enough to spend NYE with some great friends: the Hoft's and the Howe's. While I didn't take any pictures at the Howe's house, I did take some pictures of the prep and food. I am enjoying learning more about my new camera. 

Pigs in a Blanket

Rotel Dip

Christmas sweaters

Not a huge camera fan

Ham!!

Just playing with the camera, excuse some of the mess, in preparation for yummy NYE goodies

Picture taken by Daddy...doggies watching Mommy wash dishes to clean up the mess!! 


One of the things most people do on NYE is look back and reflect: things they've accomplished, things they want to change, things they're proud of, and they usually look ahead to see what they hope to do in the upcoming year. I would like to do the same thing. 

Reflecting on 2012 (in no particular order)
  • God has blessed us with an exciting year and He has come into my heart even more. I am full of joy and faith and ready for His plans for me and Andrew in 2013!! 
  • Andrew and I celebrated our 2nd Wedding anniversary and our 10th Christmas together!!!
  • finished Take One (a starting point to National Board)...didn't score 2.75 but I did score 2.65 so if I pursue NBC one day, I can use that score or redo it.
  • started my 3rd year of teaching 
  • began running and working out more regularly (like I used to) ...didn't complete but did quite a bit of Insanity (one of the hardest and best work out video sets ever, in my opinion).
  • Ran my 1st 5K!!! in October...the Palmetto Walk for Life...plus started my goal of 1 5K a month, going strong so far... I actually did 2 in October and none in November, but I think that counts ;) and then one in December with our school's new program Girls on the Run (can't wait for next season)-I am still a slow runner, but I can officially say, I am a runner! 
  • Andrew and I moved into our first house on May 18, 2012!!! Hard to believe it's been almost 8 months ago, wow!! We closed on May 10th.
  • Our best friends, the Howe's, are expecting a little boy in February, while this isn't really my celebration, I am enjoying sharing in this journey with them.
  • Reconnected with a college friend and her family, the Smallwood's
  • Tanner was a part of our family officially for 1 year on July 3, 2012
  • I was able to surprise Andrew for Christmas, something I haven't been able to truly do in a long time...I got him an acoustic guitar
  • I got a new camera and I think have found a new hobby to embark upon!
  • My uncle was diagnosed with bladder cancer, but has been fighting strong, relying on God to pull him through, and is doing well.
  • Andrew and I went on a short camping trip in July to Myrtle Beach!
I know there is a lot more to be added; I'm sure I'll add more later. Happy New Year!! 


First Date of the New Year:






No comments:

Post a Comment