Thursday, August 29, 2013

Gamecocks & Glucose

Interesting title, huh? haha!! Today marks the start of one my favorite seasons of the year--fall because of FOOTBALL :) (well in SC, fall doesn't come until much later in the year, but I can dream); however, I do LOVE football--college football--and the GAMECOCKS to be 100% correct!!

Today, I also had my glucose test at the doctor. Lots of people made it sound like the worst thing ever, I wasn't scared just unsure, but the orange sugary drink was not bad at all. It was super cold, so that made it hard to drink large gulps after I started, but other than that, not bad. I hope to find out my results soon, praying for no gestational diabetes & good results.

Today I also want to mention how blessed I am, how thankful I am, and how good God is---all the time!! My family, friends, and coworkers have truly shown such love, care, support, and many prayers over the past couple of days--and I am truly amazed at how good God is. I cannot doubt him, but He still amazes me at all times.

Today was also a great day because I was able to talk to my grandma  :) I cannot wait to visit her this weekend!

Here's a look at me and Lucas--decked out for College colors day at school & ready for the Gamecocks playing tonight!!!

Lucas is very active, even throughout the day at school! He moves to the right a lot and moves up a lot, sometimes it can be uncomfortable, but it's amazing to feel him and even see his little movements. It's crazy to think that in less than 3 months, we will meet our baby boy. Our family and friends are so excited, just as excited as us, which makes this process even more beautiful, miraculous, and just lots of fun!!! 

Also, we preregistered today for the hospital, so we will be ready whenever he arrives to go on in! We are also signed up for a child birth class in Oct and 2 classes in Sept- one called Baby 101 and a Breastfeeding Class. 

I am so thankful for this little boy who wakes me up at night to go to the bathroom, who moves and lodges himself right in my rib cage, and who will be with us shortly!! I told Andrew tonight that I love him and no offense, but I really hope Lucas loves the Gamecocks and football as much as me :) haha.

I am also thankful for my wonderful husband, parents, grandparents, cousins, aunts/uncles, family members, friends, and coworkers as I said, I cannot say thank you to those people enough!! I feel so blessed to have each of you in my life, and I hope you know how much I truly care and love each of you!!


GO GAMECOCKS!!!

Late update, but here's a look at week 27:

No comments:

Post a Comment