Saturday, January 9, 2016

A New Adventure

Andrew finally convinced me after months of debating and research to get an embroidery machine. 
So I bit the bullet and we did get one. I was very nervous and still am, but after a week of practice, I'm feeling better and enjoying trying new things. It is not a cheap hobby for sure, but I hope to one day make things that maybe people will want to purchase and make some money out of my hobby. 
Thanks to some great friends, youtube and practice I've learned some great tips and I'm making progress. Here's a look at some of what I've created. 

My first applique and ugh it was horrible. I found out some good tips through friends and trial and error. Ordered some other sized hoops and used different types of stabilizer and cut closer and bought some heat bond to help keep the applique material in place. figured out how to apply it CORRECTLY after a mishap or two, and keep trying! Finally, even though it's not perfect I feel like I am becoming more comfortable with it. Appliques are NO JOKE and HARD WORK and TIME CONSUMING. There is a reason people charge you so much, it's worth it! 

trying some monogramming and burp cloths 

Burp Cloth with Vera material, who knew?

Lucas bib monogram with applique

Lilly Grace's onesie that once was Lucas'

Lilly Grace's bib

These are a couple of simple pieces we got at the Once Upon a Child grab bag event, and made them a little cuter

by adding a monogram

to all of them 

One of my first pieces that turned out the way I wanted (mostly)


No comments:

Post a Comment